I know you all have been chomping at the bit to find out what my next recipe was going to be, and I promise these Sweet Onion Chicken Thighs are worth the wait! I’ve been so busy with our house remodel the last couple of weeks (more on that later), that I’ve been slacking on cooking at all. I was pretty happy to get back into the kitchen this week, and even happier with how this throw-together dish turned out! My family said it was blog-worthy, so here ya’ go.
I often buy chicken thighs because of the price, and because of the fact that I love dark meat. Period. It’s moist and delicious and it’s skin crisps up real, real nice. If this isn’t for you, or you prefer the leaner part of the chicken, then feel free to try this with chicken breasts. I’m guessing that the cook time will be about half an hour longer, so keep that in mind when getting started.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then place your chicken in a 9×13 baking dish. Mix together the following in a small bowl:
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (I accidentally wrote “homey” the first time. I wanted to leave it because it made me laugh. :))
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce
Sprinkle 1 package of dry onion soup mix over the chicken.
Pour the orange juice mixture evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until cooked all the way through and the skin is crispy.
I served this with an Asian salad and some green beans. Super easy, super delicious! Hope your family enjoys it too.
Peace & Love
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 Package dry onion soup mix
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 baker.
- Mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, minced garlic and hoisin sauce.
- Sprinkle the dry soup mix over the chicken.
- Pour the orange juice mixture evenly into the baker.
- Bake for 1 hour.